Tutorials

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Elena pt.3

Still struggling along with this one. The issues with the sculpt are making it painful to paint. It seems to me that the sculptor had the makings of a fantastic sculpt and ended up rushing it for whatever reason. Just a thought - probably wrong but there you go.

Anyhow - got a little more done. Tried something different for the axe head, NMM-wise that is. I'll muck around with the technique to see if I can refine it somewhat. Not sure about the gold - technique and appropriateness but I'm not changing it now. Maybe it'll pull together once based. Will most likely put some more work into the inside of the cloak and the hair and then I'll have to paint the back - for some bizarre reason I basically finished the front but only blocked in colours on the back - don't think I've ever done it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment