Tutorials

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Between spending time with my new daughter and tidying the place up for Australia Day I managed to get a few more hours work done on the miniature today. It's close to being finished now with just the base and some general touch ups to go.



I'm re-familiarising myself with a lot of techniques and mediums (I perhaps went a little overboard with the application of pigments to the shoes and trousers) and strangely I'm finding that every time I get back into painting after an extended hiatus my technique changes dramatically. I can still paint but the way I go about it is totally different from the last time I painted. I think I may have to stop watching Miniature Mentor videos as that may have something to do with it. I generally watch them with a view to getting my head around the painting process but it seems I also emulate the artist to some extent rather than just going back to my old way of doing things...



3 comments:

  1. Hi There

    That's fantastic mate. Would you mind if we (Hasslefree) used it as advertising (posting on our facebook page etc) when it's based up and finished?

    On a side note, good to see you back, we didn't work directly together but you were painting for Dark Age when I was writing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello.

    I'd be more than happy for you to use any images you'd like, it's pretty cool that you'd be interested to be honest.

    Seems like ages ago that I did that work. I think they may even still be using images of one of my paint jobs, can't say I blame them for having the others redone... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent, thanks :)

    And for the record, if sending ya stuff is getting you back into painting I'm happy to post out one of our artist care packages to someone of your quality. The miniatures would be yours to do what you will with, no obligation at all they're just freebies, the only caveat we ask is that if you finish painting any we get to use the images for advertising purposes.

    If you're interested at all just drop me your postal address to dameon AT hasslefreeminiatures DOT co DOT uk :)

    ReplyDelete