Tutorials

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Latest Miniature Acquisitions - Kingdom Death.

Whilst browsing Frothers I believe, I saw the latest Kingdom Death releases and was, once again stunned - the Flower Knight in particular was one of the nicest sculpts I'd seen in a long time - I reckon it'd be in my top handful if I was the type of person to compile such lists...

Anyhow, being a little short on cash due to Christmas related expenditure I decided I'd hold off for a week or two before buying what I wanted thinking that if the Butcher (another brilliant sculpt) hadn't sold out in a couple of months then neither would these. Ofcourse KD sold out of the Flower Knight in a ridiculously short amount of time and the Female Survivor wasn't far behind. The search was on...

I found the Female Survivor easily enough on CMoN and snapped one up but the Flower Knight was not going to be so easily acquired . After much investigative work (checking alternative stockists on KDs site)  I contacted Taka at Full Metal Planet in Japan who had not yet received his allocation of KD minis and was able to secure the Flower Knight. :) It did end up being a little pricey but Taka's service can't be faulted - a great guy to deal with.

Both miniatures turned up yesterday (only opened the packages today) and I was certainly not disappointed - both sculpts are quite literally amazing. In my opinion Kingdom Death are at the forefront of keeping this hobby interesting, their more recent sculpts with the exception of the Sunstalker Infant are near peerless. The quality of the casting is faultless, even better than Studio McVey, it might sound more than I little wanky - but they really are a pleasure to behold...

*I've since discovered that Maelstrom Games is also a stockist for KD which is worth noting...

No comments:

Post a Comment