Monday, April 9, 2012

A Little More Spring Cleaning.

I quite enjoyed the feeling of clearing away one of my long-term, half finished projects so I decided to revisit one that's been bothering me longer than most.I purchased Gurm not long after it was released and started on the painting soon after it arrived in the post but nothing went right and it was soon abandoned. That was possibly 8+ years ago now. For the next unfinished project I thought it'd be a good idea to choose the miniature I was least likely to ever return to and this was an easy choice.

Once again I didn't strip or re-base the miniature, I just continued on from where I left off. Nothing much worth mentioning about the paintjob other than the armour - I used a variation of the hairspray technique minus the airbrush. It was a little tricky trying to stop the hairspray from 'activating' whilst brushing on the subsequent layer of paint but I found that heating it with a hairdryer so the paint dried immediately helped. The rest of the technique then proceeded as it normally does with out too much difficulty.

And as it was for the best part of 8 years:

No comments:

Post a Comment