Tutorials

Thursday, September 29, 2011

IP stuff from my current effort...

I'm working on another Red Box Games miniature and just thought I'd show a few steps along the way for what it's worth.

I mentioned in my previous post that I've been trying the priming technique where the miniature is primed black and then lightly airbrushed a lighter colour from the direction of the "lightsource" to place the highlights in the correct locations and begin the blending process (check out Thomas David's Miniature Mentor video to see how well it can work). I used it a little differently this time around as I only wanted the black to remain in the deepest recesses because the miniature is so small.

I also finished the base first because I keep painting miniatures only to put them aside without basing them (kind of a pointless exercise). A good idea in theory but I'll probably just end up with a heap of miniatureless bases lying around instead... 

Nothing special here - just a bit of stick from some place, "Knead it", miniNatur grass and some foam moss...


No comments:

Post a Comment